Active Kids Rebate
NSW Government Sports Rebate
In 2018 the NSW Government will be launching the Active Kids Program.
This initiative will, in effect entitle parents/guardians to receive $100 per eligible child to contribute to the cost of playing our game.
- Parents/guardians/carers will need to generate a unique ID number for each of their eligible children via the Service NSW website using their Medicare Card.
- To receive this rebate they must apply to Service NSW.
- The parent will be issued with a voucher code which they will enter into MyFootballClub when registering their child with your club.
- When registering with the voucher code the participant will receive a $100 discount.
Some useful information
- The rebate can be used to offset football registration fees for school aged children.
- Any rebate such as this helps make football affordable and accessible for all.
- From January 2018, parents will be able to claim up to $100 per school child, per calendar year, as a voucher to reduce the cost of sport registration or membership fees for after-school and weekend sport, and active recreation activities.
Below is the expected procedure to follow for this rebate
- Parent Logs into Services NSW Website
- Parent Clicks on a button to apply for a Voucher Code
- Parent Completes all required fields on Child/children including Medicare details
- Parent Receives a code on the screen and it is also emailed to them
- Parent Logs into child’s MyFootballClub profile
- Parent registers child to nominated Club as per normal
- Parent enters Services NSW Code into a field during invoice section which is to be added into the system
- System produces an invoice less $100
- Parent either Selects the “Manual Payment at Club” button or “Pay Online” as per normal procedure.
More information can be found on the NSW Government Sport website